Posted on April 12, 2012
A few months ago I wrote a post for Emilee Sutherland of Tasteful Tatters on inspiration for your wedding. So I’m excited to share it again on my blog! I hope you get some ideas from this even if it’s just one tip that inspires you.
What inspires you? How do you come up with bold, bountiful ideas for your celebration or wedding? Is it through music, color, art, blogs, travel? I love to travel especially to places that are rich in color, culture, food and adventure. It drives me to be creative and innovative. I learn from other cultures and it makes me not afraid to express myself because it’s my passion that makes me come alive. I enjoy spending time with local people because I get some of most creative inspiration from them, whether it’s learning to paint, taking a cooking or watching a tango show. So I challenge you to go beyond the magazines, and blogs. Dig deeper. Here are five small steps you can take to fuel your inner creative juices, begin with one or two challenges:
- Attend a play, musical or play. Do something you’ve never done before.
- Fill your walls with things that inspire you. Tape up photos of quotes you love, words, empower words, magazine photos. Keep it fresh.
- Take your project to the park, walk around your neighbor and explore the boutiques and businesses around. Have a journal with with you and take notes.
- Listen to a new genre of music, watch a foreign film or watch a documentary on a painter or designer.
- Be Bold. Choose vibrant colors. Don’t be afraid to go bold and bright. One quote I love comes from one of my favorite designers, Kelly Weastler ”When it comes to color, be confident, go with your heart and follow your emotions.”
Be different. Be unique. Be Bold. What inspires you? Food, Music, Culture or Travel?
Leave a Comment