Posted on March 11, 2012
If you planning a destination wedding one of the most important things you can do is making sure your guests are treated as VIPS. Giving them as much information and making sure they are well taken care of is key to a well thought out and successful event. Here are a couple of tips to help make your guests vacation one they’ll remember.
- Try to give your guests as much information as possible so they can plan accordingly. Then give enough notice by sending a save-the-date- at lease eight to six months in advance. Then setup a website to direct them to for detailed information such as weather, directions, dress attire, links to hotels and airlines.
- Give them enough notice to plan their trip by sending a save the date at least eight to six months in advance.
- If your destination is near a nice selection of hotels, besides the host hotel, give guests at least two more options to choose from with different price ranges.
- Arrange airport shuttle service to and from airport
- Provide in-room welcome bag and accessorize it with items like snacks, sunscreen, and a few favors from the destination,
- Have brochures on local activities (restaurants, shopping, adventures, tours) weather, dress attire suggestions.
- Place a newsletter or calendar in your guests room with the weekend’s scheduled festivities.
- Have a fun map created with your favorite local spots they can visit.
- Host a Welcome Party so that everyone can mingle and get to know each other before the weekend festivities start.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to send a special thank you to each guest for traveling miles away to celebrate
We love this fun destination wedding invitation suite found on style me pretty!
Photo Credit: Style Me Pretty
Leave a Comment